Sunday 16 November 2008

A little more

A little more of this and that... a guide to when things going tough.... no I'm not talking about Boyzone's song When get going gets tough     Mind you its a good sample song to uplift your spirit but please..... this song is cheesy!   

When things are tough and your almost coming to end of the waiting list from getting the cochlear implant....   You will deffo need your family and friends to help to distract you as much as possible.  Thinking about it all the time will just drive you insane.  24/7  thinking what will happen, will anything go wrong? and many questions that will stay in the head until  you just have to say to yourself....... "get a grip"      

Now that I am over this phrase I think I will be fine......     tell me if I am not or better.. just slap my face lol

I have recently joined (actually September 2008)  the group called yahoo ciug   which its like email the forum about the helps and supports about cochlear implant who have been through the similar experiences.  This is great way to meet new people who I have never came across anyone like me before. Growing up with hearings aid, speaks but never use signs language.     I was a bit surprised that there are so many.     

I have yet to meet these people from the group which I will be meeting them in Manchester next Saturday and they are all staying at my place......   I think I need to get lot of vibrating alarm clocks do i?    

When things get going tough and you need someone who could snap you out of it, get your close friend to do the slapping.  lol  I am joking.    The best thing you can do is talk to someone let it out of your system.  You may not be sleeping well and you are constantly worry..... you are  gonna  make yourself ill and will not be fit for the ops...  you won't want to wait another month do you?    so go on, make yourself a nice proper meal, bake cakes, play games, go out and  visit family, do crazy things as you can.... and before you know it......... its time.  A new start!  

so come on.... let party.  

2 comments:

Katie-Louise's blog said...

TESTING TESTING TESTING, hopefully this comment works this time!!

Woo hoo, ain't long till next week - we'll make sure you'll have agood time and that the op off your mind :P hehe

You'll need plenty of alarm clocks for Abi, not for me :-P

I think i would need a hammer for you, to wake you up, if you have a hang over!, well, you can't have toooo much, you need to be fit for the op! :P he he

Keep your chin up, n think positive. :-P

katie

Www.lozsmedicsljourney.blogspot.co.uk said...

hey i hope your CI op goes well on thursday! :) Good luck and i hope you arent too scared about everything! Ihugs)