Monday 18 May 2009

Meerkat has gone camping

Meerkat has gone camping in the countryside somewhere far, far away in the galaxy. I had no idea where I went to but I didn't care as long as I would enjoy myself. The weather forecast was a bit unsettle but then camping was all about "come rain or shine" Just let it be. So Meerkat went camping for two nights. As Giles and I prepared to put our tent up, all I could hear was this tweet tweet and chirping all day long. There were some other kind of sounds such as traffic, wind blowing, trees creaked, people walking or children laughter in the background. There wasn't many children while we were there but I have seen them playing about on their bikes.



Anyway, the new sound that I have came across. I was quite amazed that I heard this. I know I went camping for many years. I used to be the only Brownies in Scout cub (Back in the day, girls were not allow in Scout) Mucking about in the rain, singing at the campfire, doing games and so on. How I missed camping!

Well do you wanna know what I haven't heard before? Oh ok I'll tell you. ya know how people always said back in the days that they could tell how they knew the kettle have been boiled by some kind of whistle. Well, for the first time ever I actually got to hear it. I couldn't hear the water bubbling like I used to but that may be to do with my low pitches need tuning again. Isn't amazing that I could hear the kettle being boiled without the need of looking at the lights or switch? But of course you couldn't take the electric kettle to camping could you? This is a nice change for me. :D

Here are some pics from our camping weekend:



Happy Camping from the Meerkat and Mr Shirty!

2 comments:

Jennifer Bruno Conde said...

Wow, Manda! Camping with meerkats, cows and worms...looks like you guys had a great time!!

Hugs,
Jennifer

Manda said...

Aye, Its brilliant. Will be posting another one later today. subcribe to this blog and you will get the update. How is Amanda doing?