Sunday 7 June 2009

6th Months after the switch on

6th Months after the switch on

For those who have been waiting to hear about my 6th months review. It have been an interesting 3 months since I last had my tuning in Manchester in March. I had a lot of trouble with transferring from Manchester to Southampton as I was moving down south with Giles. Although I did noticed that my low pitches were a bit down and tried to contacted the Southampton to arrange an appointment but Manchester did not send the transfer form to them. I did not know why but I went to complain to Manchester and demand that they would get this fixed out. Thankfully, they have sent the disc to Southampton and arranged an appointment for my 6th months reviewing.

Anyway, after I have looked at the hearing graph and compared the previous graphs. I was right. My low pitches have fainted away. I was a little disappointed with this as I was trying to get this fixed out before my 6th month review but what can I do? Anyway this is my result.

The tests was interesting enough and I was amazed that my lipreading skill and listening together have improved up to 81% from 76%and non lipreading 7 listening have increased 64% from 52% and noisey background which I have not done before is 32% . In all these tests, I was listening for the words and context for me to be able to follow what was being said. It was kinda different from Manchester because I was in a room by myself looking at the window but could not see through it as it was black. A person could see me from another room. It was kinda scary. I was to listen to the sentences and repeat them all as much as I can. Few of them I couldn't understand but I said what I think it was being said.

I was told that my next appointment will be in 6 months. I don't think so!!! I will notice my low pitch will decreased again like it did at the beginning and I will get that sound level nice and smooth. I will get this fixed out.

It is really dificult to know what is the loudest of a single beep even though I knew the difference between the low and high pitch. But what is the loudest? The staff said that I would find it like a headaches. I think I need to contact the clinic again and get this sort out. I was there for over 2hrs and I was shattered to be bother to do more tests. I will let you know how I got on.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Did you ever find out why the low frequencies dropped? do you know if this happens to a lot of people?