Friday 12 June 2009

Drive thru test

Last night I went out to Southampton to go to the movie to see Terminator 4 with my mate, Charlotte. I arrived at the train station, waiting for her to meet me and get to the cinema together. I thought we would not have time to get some food before we head off to cinema. Charlotte arrived in her car. She must have read my mind somehow thinking we may not get there on time by foot. So she drove along on the way to the cinema, we spotted the Mcdonald. I told her to go in there. I know Mcdonald is not healthy but its just a quick fix.

For many years, I won't have dream on going through the drive thru as I was always nervous about whether people would understand me. Not that I have a poor speech just that I often speak quiet or not pronouncing the word properly. I was used to go into the building and ordered over the counter. Face to face was the easy thing to do. It make sense for everyone who have the same problem as me.

We were short of time and we looked at each others deciding what to do. Over the counter or drive thru?

We decided to go drive thru. yay I heard you applauding me! Charlotte was in the driver seat and I was at the passengar side. As we drove up the til, roll down the window. The staff automatic look at the driver to get the order. I had to lean over for the staff to see me so he would know that I am the one who is taking the order. I gave him my order and he asked me if I want it medium or large. I answered medium (who would want to eat large!!) Giving the order and answering the questions was very quick. But did they get the order right? Surely enough they did!

So why was it in the past that I always get the wrong type of food or drink and now get everything spot on? Was it the fact my speech have improved?

It was pretty nice not to be nervous anymore. I know me mam tried to do it with me at one drive thru that have intercom. I think I panic on that and end up messing up the order so me mam had to take over. Will I be able to do this myself in future? Sure, why not?

By the way, we went to see Terminator 4 and we thought it was quite good as it make sense fitting the stories to Tr1, Tr2 and Tr3 althogether. Don't worry about some gap of the story, just use your imagination. Isn't that what a movie or a story is all about?

Use your imagination. be creative!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I get nervous as well. People say I'm too quiet.
Maybe it was better if your voice is louder or clearer now?